ENTRY- LEVEL IT SPECIALIST – FULL-TIME
We are seeking a full-time Entry-Level IT Specialist. The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly learn existing systems and business processes and work collaboratively with personnel to implement, improve, and train staff members. This is not a hardware/software designing position. read more
- Learn existing IT systems and support staff in their day-to-day operations
- Document existing processes and have well thought out suggestions for making those processes more efficient thru use of technology, IT systems and automated workflow.
- Assist in implementing workflow projects
- Assist outsourced IT vendor personnel to insure systems remain operational at all times, and
- Participates in software upgrades and ensures effective training and communication across Guardian staff members.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Management Information from an accredited university is required.
- 2 years’ previous work experience in a software systems support position is required.
- This position requires full-time presence in our South Bay office. Remote work is not an option.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing/changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, environment.
- Working knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies and trends.
- Experience working with operating systems to establish monitoring and logging procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System (XP) Microsoft Office. Adobe Suite. TCP/IP and networking concepts, and browser technology.
- Knowledge of Firewalls and Proxy servers
- Proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written forms externally and internally.
- Must have a collaborative spirit and the ability to contribute meaningfully to group discussions and work within a high performing team.
- Must be a voracious learner.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and exercise independent judgment in prioritizing tasks.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.