PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE)
CIVIL/STRUCTURALBel Air, MD & Dallas, TX
Primary focus will be on the completion of forensic engineering projects; ensuring projects conform to the standards and commitment of the firm to our clients while assisting with business development objectives for existing and potential new clients. This position will be responsible for several simultaneous projects reporting to a National Property Manager and will assist in the management of the office. Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state they are hired (Maryland or Texas). read more
- Provides expert forensic analysis to our clients on an array of engineering projects.
- Perform field inspections of residential, commercial and/or industrial structures for code compliance and assessment of cause and origin of damages.
- Review all pertinent construction documentation per client’s requests and provide honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various property failures.
- Schedule onsite inspections with property owners to conduct physical inspections and develop written reports of observations and findings.
- Provide appraisals on structures and equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate and provide information in a timely manner satisfactory to clients’ expectations.
- Develop technical presentations and white papers for use in marketing and continuing education of clients.
- Support Regional Engineering Manager and other field personnel with peer review of work prior to delivery to clients.
- Provide written estimates on structures to determine value of damages and responsible party/parties.
- Travel to perform projects within the standard regional boundaries as needed.
- Consistently meet or exceed the established performance metrics for this position.
- Write and submit detailed and accurate reports on completed projects in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide expert testimony and/or depositions as needed for assigned projects.
- Work flexible schedule during periods of peak business demand.
- Provide excellent customer service to Guardian’s clients.
- Pro-actively pursue additional training and mentoring opportunities, in addition to added education and/or certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) ( Maryland or Texas).
- Multiple P.E. licensure in surrounding states highly preferred but not required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field: civil or structural.
- Previous forensic experience (5 years) is highly preferred but not required.
- Previous expert testimony or deposition experience highly preferred but not required.
- Adaptable aptitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Well organized with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Hands-on engineering experience (structural/mechanical/electrical investigations etc.,)
- Able to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented and enjoy client service oriented type work.
- Honest and ethical business practice at all times.
- Experience writing detailed reports.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the Guardian’s guidelines.
- Willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
- Willing to work from a remote office setting while traveling from project site to project site.
- Meet all standards pre-employment and background check requirements.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.