CIVIL P.E. or STRUCTURAL P.E.
Engineer for busy construction claims companyMaryland (Mid-Atlantic U.S. or Northeast)
In this fast-paced, multi-faceted, problem-solving role, you will provide engineering-related analysis on a variety of diverse construction projects and structures, while investigating and resolving property, surety, and construction defect insurance claims. This is an opportunity to put all of your prior hands-on building, technical engineering, construction, communication, business, and proven people skills to work, both out in the field and from behind your laptop.
Construction Claim Investigations
- Provide expert claims analysis —consult on various construction claims including surety, property, and construction defect failures and prescribe remedy, often overseeing implementation and claim resolution.
- Perform and supervise field inspections of residential, commercial, and/or industrial projects for contract conformity code compliance and/or assessment of cause and origin damages
- Schedule onsite inspections with property owners to conduct physical inspections and develop written reports of findings
- Coordinate and provide information in a manner satisfactory to clients’ expectations
- Provide written and verbal repair estimates on structures
- Travel to perform assignments as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to Guardian’s clients
- Ability to manage direct reports and perform office management functions
- Identify and pursue new business development opportunities
- Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) or a licensed Architect in Maryland or New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Virginia
- Multiple P.E. licensures in surrounding states preferred but not required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field: civil or structural or architecture
- Hands-on engineering experience (structural/mechanical/electrical investigations, etc.)
- Previous forensic investigations experience (5 years) is preferred but not required
- Previous expert testimony or deposition experience preferred but not required
- Adaptable attitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Well-organized with the ability to meet project deadlines
- Able to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented and enjoy service business
- Demonstrates honesty and ethical business practices at all times
- Experience writing detailed reports
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Guardian’s guidelines
- Willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand
- Willing to work from a remote office setting while traveling from project site to project site
- Meet all pre-employment standards and background check requirements
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.
Submit your C.V., cover letter, and salary requirements today!