PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (PE) / MANAGER
Put your problem-solving, proven people skills and passion for business development to work. Your licensure(s), field inspections experience and supervisory/coaching talents will be recognized, rewarded and put to the test every day. You will provide construction-related analysis on a variety of diverse engineering projects, including the performance and oversight of residential, commercial and industrial projects, inclusive of code compliance and assessment/reporting of cause and origin. In this dynamic role, you will also execute peer-to-peer reviews and collaborate with marketing on the development of presentations, white papers, continuing education courses and promotional materials. read more
- Provide expert forensic analysis — provide honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various property failures
- Perform field inspections
- Review all pertinent construction documentation per client’s requests
- Schedule onsite inspections with property owners to conduct physical inspections and develop written reports of findings
- Provide appraisals on structures and equipment on an as-needed basis
- Coordinate and provide information in a manner satisfactory to clients’ expectations.
- Provide written estimates on structures to determine value of damages and responsible party/parties.
- Travel to perform projects within the standard regional boundaries as needed.
- Consistently meet or exceed the established performance metrics for this position.
- Provide expert testimony and/or depositions as needed for assigned projects.
- Work flexible schedule during periods of peak business demand.
- Provide excellent customer service to Guardian’s clients.
- Proactively pursue additional training and mentoring opportunities, in addition to added education and/or certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas.
- Multiple P.E. licensure in surrounding states preferred but not required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field: civil or structural.
- Previous forensic experience (5 years) is highly preferred.
- Previous expert testimony or deposition experience highly preferred.
- Adaptable attitude and willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Well-organized with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Hands-on engineering experience (structural/mechanical/electrical investigations, etc.)
- Able to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team oriented and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Honest and ethical business practices at all times.
- Experience writing detailed reports.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Guardian’s guidelines.
- Willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
- Willing to work from a remote office setting while traveling from project site to project site.
- Meet all pre-employment standards and background check requirements.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.