- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Sites are available only with registration, login, such as GGI client number, etc. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact GGI immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Sites by other users or with ‘s operation and management of the Sites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through a GGI Website registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Sites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party through your use of the Sites.
In addition, you also agree that you will not use our Services to:
(a) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(b) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as, but not limited to, inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(c) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content, including through any attachments thereto, that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(d) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
(e) upload, download, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
(f) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of the Sites includes, without limitation, (i) GGI’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “GGI Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “GGI Content”). GGI Content is the property of the GGI, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any GGI Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the or the owner of such content if the is not the owner. For reprints, contact GGI. Any use of the GGI Marks without GGI’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the GGI Content, including any such notices appearing on any GGI Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Sites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, the does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the Internet or other communication network. The GGI shall not be obligated to correct or update the Sites or GGI Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Sites.
- No Legal Advice and Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. The information on the Sites and GGI Content are for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel.
The information contained in the Sites and GGI Content may or may not reflect the most current legal developments; accordingly, information on the Sites are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, nothing provided on the Sites or the GGI Content should be used as a substitute for advice of competent counsel. The materials on the Sites and GGI Content do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of GGI.
- Third Party Information. The Sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of GGI or its affiliates. GGI makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- Notice For Claims Of Intellectual Property Or Copyright Infringement; Agent For Notice Of Infringement. The respects the intellectual property of others, and, particularly as to user generated content in comments, discussion boards or in other user contributed content, as applicable, we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide GGI’s Copyright Agent the following information:
(a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
(b) a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
(d) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
GGI’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Attn: Dan Larson
2350 W. 205th Street, Torrance, CA, 90501
By phone: (310) 320-0320
- Advertisers. The Sites may contain advertisements. The inclusion of advertisements on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services. GGI shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the Sites. Further, shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the Sites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The Sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the Sites and/or GGI Content may not use the GGI trademark or logo and shall not suggest that GGI promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. GGI reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates GGI’s policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of GGI Content.
Sharing of Content. You may download, copy or embed GGI Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Sites for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any GGI Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the GGI Content. GGI reserves the right to require any party sharing GGI content to disable or remove the content should its use violate GGI’s policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of GGI Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER GGI, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “GGI PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITES OR GGI CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) GGI CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. THE GGI PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES AND/OR ANY GGI CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES AND/OR GGI CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITES, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITES; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE SITES ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND GGI’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE GGI CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE SITES (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITES OR GGI CONTENT.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 17 AND 18 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND ‘S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- The GGI provides opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and various blogging sites. On those social media profiles, content and links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. The GGI is not responsible for content or links posted by others.
The GGI retains the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, demeaning, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property rights or privacy laws, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs, or otherwise injurious or illegal. The GGI also retains the right to ban or block a user from posting on GGI social media profiles without notice for a pattern of inappropriate postings or as it deems necessary.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that the GGI may access, preserve and disclose your account information and the User Content you have posted by Users of the Services if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary in the sole opinion of the GGI to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Administrators, its Users and the public.
III. Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables Guardian Group to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. Guardian Group Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, signing up for our newsletters, registering for a Guardian Group event or program, purchasing Guardian Group products or services, filing a claim or otherwise interacting with Guardian Group.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our clients)
Professional data (e.g., employer, title, etc.)
Government-issued identification numbers (e.g., social security numbers, national identification numbers and tax identification numbers), for example from employees and independent contractors, etc.)
Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
Guardian Group, Inc. also receives Personal Data from third parties for its use in marketing to potential new clients or employees.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
Computer type, operating system and platform type
Internet service provider
Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
- How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
Identify you when you visit our Sites
Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
Deliver and process surveys
Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
Fulfill and/or deliver Guardian Group products and services
Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by Guardian Group you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
- How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions
Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect Guardian Group in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend Guardian Group’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of Guardian Group personnel, subcontractors or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
Share data with third parties if Guardian Group and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if Guardian Group undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally. Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
Share your email address, but only as permitted by the Guardian Group Email Policy, as follows:
Your email address will be used only by Guardian Group, its entities and Guardian Group vendors performing client services, or offering products on Guardian Group’s behalf. Guardian Group does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside the company, nor does it share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, etc. Guardian Group also shares your email address with third parties to enable it to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, Guardian Group shares email addresses with third parties as necessary for it to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
- How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations. Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or newsletter sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
VII. California Privacy Rights
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13.
- How We Protect Personal Data
- User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, these Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
- Linking to Other Internet Sites
XII. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
XIII. Cookies and Other Web Devices
XIV. Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
- Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
XVI. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
XVIII. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
2350 W. 205th Street
Torrance, CA 90501
Effective Date: May 26, 2018