Civil Engineer w/People Skills
Construction & Surety BackgroundMid-Atlantic U.S.
You’ve never been a “typical engineer.” You’ve got people skills and personality to spare. Now, here’s your golden opportunity to combine your passion for construction and engineering with your innate curiosity and appreciation of others, your entrepreneurialism, and your business drive.
In this multi-faceted, problem-solving role, you will provide project analysis on surety claims for a variety of construction projects. This is a rare opportunity to chart your own course while putting all of your prior hands-on building, technical engineering, construction, communication, business, and proven people skills to work. In addition to investigating and resolving claims, you will represent the company’s complete capabilities, growing market share, designing and building your own future.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Construction Claim/Surety Claim Investigations
- Provide expert claim analysis — consult on various construction and surety claims, assessing project status, problem-solving, and often overseeing claim resolution and project completion.
- Perform field inspections of residential, commercial, and industrial projects to assess completion status, contract conformity and milestones, etc.
- Compose accurate reports involving narrative descriptions, financial data, charts, etc.
- Travel to perform assignments as needed
- Based upon mutual respect and diligent service, become a trusted, influential consultant to clients
- Proven ability to manage and mentor direct reports
- Office/departmental management
- Represent the company, attend industry events, nurture relationships, meet with clients and prospects regularly.
- Grow the department and the team; identify and pursue new ways to serve existing clients, on-board new clients and spearhead other business development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or higher)
- P.E. licensures in surrounding states preferred but not required
- Civil engineering and public works experience (minimum 10 years)
- Background at large construction company, surety company, or similar
- Previous expert testimony or deposition experience preferred but not required
- Adaptable attitude; willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Well-organized and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented, analytical, results and business-driven
- Demonstrate honesty and ethical business practices at all times
- Meet all pre-employment standards and background check requirements
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements today!