Torrance, CASupports Claims, Marketing, Sales, and HR
The Administrative Assistant supports the work of numerous individuals and keeps every aspect of the organization running smoothly, from daily claims entry and vendor coordination to the weekly, on-going support of the marketing and sales departments, and from human resources recruitment/applicant tracking to various projects, meeting set-up, and correspondence for the executives. There’s never a dull moment!
This position must be filled by a cheery, service-oriented, accommodating person, and the successful individual will have plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to the team. The org-wide administrative assistant provides all manner of clerical, reporting, data entry and coordination duties in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities and tasks. Accuracy, organization, flexibility and a willingness to adapt to new methodologies and accept new challenges with a positive attitude are key…read more
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years’ experience as a professional administrative assistant
- Prior experience in as many of the business functions mentioned as possible – claim coordination, marketing, sales, HR, executive support
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Experience answering and initiating client phone calls, replying to emails, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills, problem solving and follow-up abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable communicating with other employees and clients at various levels of any organization
- Work with tact and confidentiality in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle various client outreach efforts
- Familiarity with a CRM system such as SalesForce highly desired
- Familiarity with Constant Contact is ideal
- Some familiarity with events planning and product ordering also a plus
- Should you happen to have experience with other software, specifically a claims management system, kindly point that out to us!
- Ability to pass a background check
This description portrays in general the type/level of work performed, but it is not intended to be all-inclusive or represent specific duties of any one incumbent.